Fiber optic test and monitoring systems
FiberCare is a simple and cost-effective centralized system to supervise and monitor optical networks
- “Real-timeâ€ fault detection and localization before customers complain
- Improve quality of service
- Avoid loss of revenue due to interruption of service
- Avoid penalties
- Ensure network service level agreements
- Reduce operational & maintenance costs
- Enable preventive maintenance and planning of non-urgent network degradations
- Use a modular and scalable solution
Cost-effectiv reflectometry technologies
The measurement technique used in FiberCare is based on the most cost-effective reflectometry (OTDR) technologies.
Detection in "real time"
FiberCare detects in “real timeâ€ and localizes any change on the fiber network. Depending on the extent of the change, FiberCare generates alarms with indication of fault gravity and localization. This allows planning of preventive maintenance activity for faults like connector ageing or connector pollution as well as urgent maintenance activities if a fault is more serious (e.g. a network cut, etc.).
OMCU and OTDU
The FiberCare system includes an Optical Main Control Unit (OMCU) and remote Optical Test and Diagnostic Units (OTDU).
Optical Test and Diagnostic Units (OTDU)
- 1 to 5 measurement boards
- Simultaneously monitoring of 1 to 10 fibers
- Dark or active fibers
- Fiber analysis up to 130 km
- Fault localization accuracy: 5 m
- Wavelength: 1310, 1550 or 1625 nm
The FiberCare system offers several extension modules:
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) such as NetGeo or map (mapinfo) to display the fault on a map
- On-call duty software to forward alarms via SMS messages to field technicians
- Optical switches to extend the number of fibers supported by 1 OTDU above 10